SKILL LEVEL: Difficulty 1-5 (1 is easiest): 2
TIME TO COMPLETE: 1 hour not including dry time
- Magic Color Plaster Casting Boys Kit, Mold # 9 (FISH MOLD, 1 PURPLE PLASTER)
- Foam door-knob hanger
- Plastic zip-lock baggie (sandwich size)
- Acrylic paint: yellow, blue
- Glitter Glue
- Container for water
- Paper towels
- Small plastic bucket
- Paint Brushes
- Read and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
- Be creative, come up with your own ideas on how to decorate your finished pieces, or use the photo as a guide when decorating your projects.
- When it’s clean-up time, use a small bucket or container of water to clean your hands and the molds instead of the sink. Do not expose sink or plumbing to plaster or plaster residue.
STEP 1 Following directions as given on package, place the Magic Color Plaster in a plastic baggie. Next pour the water in the baggie one tablespoon at a time and zip it shut. Watch the magic color change happen as you mix and knead plaster together with fingertips until there are no lumps and mixture is smooth.
STEP 2 Use scissors and cut off a .” of the end of one corner of the baggie and squeeze plaster out of baggie into the mold, filling it; discard baggie. Lift mold and tap gently several times on work surface to release air bubbles. Allow 30 minutes for plaster to set up.
STEP 3 While plaster mold is drying, paint child’s name on the foam doorknob hanger with glitter glue. Let dry.
STEP 4 When plaster has set, carefully remove from mold by gently flexing plastic mold back and forth, until plaster piece releases. Wash off molds in a bucket of water with soap and water until clean. Pat molds dry with paper towels or rags.
STEP 5 Paint fish by adding blue and yellow details or as desired. Allow it to dry and then glue to front of hanger. Paint bubbles coming up from fish to top of hanger. Let dry.